11. Mai 2008

Mother's Day

M-O-T-H-E-R

"M" is for the million things she gave me,
"O" means only that she's growing old,
"T" is for the tears she shed to save me,
"H" is for her heart of purest gold;
"E" is for her eyes, with love-light shining,
"R" means right, and right she'll always be,
Put them all together, they spell "MOTHER,"
A word that means the world to me.

by Howard Johnson


I've been thinking for some time now on what I should write, but I didn't really come up with anything decent. I've also been searching poems on mother and love and death, but couldn't find anything that catched my eye. So here's first a poem by Howard Johnson which is a really simple but still really great poem.

Since today isn't really easy on me I'll keep it at that and wish all the mothers and greatmothers out there: Happy Mother's Day, God bless and keep you all save.