27. November 2008

BAKK1 dekita!!!!! Mognet on hiatus... preparing for tests!

Hello everyone!
Okay, this is a short update on how things are going.
I finally finished my BAKK paper. I totaled it on 32 pages and a lot to still be desired. Given that I wrote 17 of the 32 pages in 14 hours straight, I'm quite impressed myself.
It was one of the hardest things I ever did, since I soon realized, that I was running into a great big bubble of information but no way out. I saw that I wouldn't be able to write it all down and break it up in different chapters.
I had to really cut it short, as I was running late and I had to try to get across what my paper was about. Since I am planning to re-use the paper and continue my research next semester, I wasn’t overly concerned about it.

In the end I went with really explicit descriptions of internet and internet communication. I also researched non-commercial and commercial communication and did a whole chapter on computer mediated communication. I skipped over the chapters of weblogs, MUDs and chats and wrote a small part of the paper about motivation and self-portraying.
I just hope that it’ll be positive. I don’t need anything else. We’ll see tomorrow!

Also on a short notice: Mognet is currently on hiatus.
I think I actually already wrote about it but just wanted to say again, that Kumama and Stiltzkin finally moved into their new home. They are currently renovating which is the reason we’re not really active.
We do hope that starting next year we’ll be up to our normal speed.
Let’s just hope everything goes as planned.

The shock of my life I probably had on Sunday. I was looking up my test notes and remembered that this week was exam week and I still had a few tests I wanted to make. So I hurried up and looked up the dates. As it was, all of my tests would have been on Monday, but given the rule that you had to be registered for the test two days before I was totally screwed!! In the end I couldn't participate in any tests. My last hopes are the tests at the end of January. Let's just hope that I don't forget about them again, though in the long run, with my paper having been due yesterday, I’m actually glad. The good thing is that I remembered that I still could write one of my political science tests which will now take place Friday next week. So I’m again not going to be around much. I actually already enrolled for it.

Please bear with these waits. I’ll be back, as will Mognet, as soon as things settle down.

Warm Greetings!