I just went to the cinema with my best friend Philipp. We're doing that a lot in general, cause we're both movie-freaks! Sometimes we were up to one film ea week. Depends on the program tho!
Today we first did some shopping, cause I was actually looking for a bookshelf. Well, you can imagine what happens when a girl goes into a big mall and trys to "find" something. I ended up with a big painting of buddah (which I actually wanted to buy a year ago), a cookie jar, a pizza slicer and a juice pitcher for my fridge. O_O sugeeeeeee!
After that we went to watch the movie "Stardust" (Der Sternenwanderer) which was originaly a novel published by Neil Gaiman. The movie was just plain great! It's the story about a young guy named Tristan and his journey to become a man, find true love and become the next king of a coutnry - sounds like crap? Well actually it isn't!! First I thought the same, cause that's just the story we can hear about anywhere and it just seemed to be another fantasy-romance story with a lot of celebrities to star as actors. I mean there's Claire Danes, Michelle Pfeiffer, Peter O'Toole and Robert De Niro?! Okay no... that's not a criteria for a good movie, but this one was.
The story evolves around Tristan who wants to impress the citys beauty Victoria by going through the hole in the wall and bring back the fallen star. The wall always was there and protected. It is said, that if you walk through that hole you get into another world called Faerie. In the land of faerie, in the kingdom of Stormhold the old king died, leaving the throne vacant for the sons must find the old rubin to claim the throne for themselves. But the rubin has a mind of its own and climbs up high in the sky and comes back down together with the north star. The north star, actually a beautiful girl named Yvaine, always dreamed of the world of mankind, always watching from above and wishes to fall in love once and for all time. Meanwhile Tristan learns that his mother also was from the other side of the wall and his father went their once to fall in love but never be able to get back. She left him a gift with which Tristan is able to travel through space if he but wishes to do so. But instead of going to his mother he thinks about finding the fallen star for Victoria and so he travels to the place where the fallen star landed, but he doesn't find a piece of star but a beautiful girl sitting on the ground. Unfortunately not only he is after the "fallen star", but also the three Lilim Witches and it seems like the three remaining sons from the old king, because Yvaine carries the rubin around her neck now. And believe me, the journey of 100 miles back to the wall will turn into a deadly but rather funny adventure!I don't like to rate movies, cause sometimes my taste of them changes, but out of the fantasy genre which I really love I rate this one an A+ and that means something. I can hardly wait to get the DVD in my hands, or I might just go out to watch the movie again in a few weeks.
Anyway! another funny episode from my day! Philipp gave his hairdryer a name: RUDOLF! o_O silly, isn't it? We were talking about various stuff and I played with my hair and said that it was still wet from washing a few hours ago, and he asked why I don't blow-dry them and I said that I really hated to blow dry. He then told me about the death of his beloved old hair dryer and now he has a new one. I just looked at him as if he sprouted another head and he said "Don't look at me like that or I will give my new dryer a name." Since I just raised my eyebrows on that, he named his dryer "Rudolf"!!!!! *hahahaha*
When I was home after the cinema I decided to write this post (which was actually nearly 4 hours ago) but while I browsed through the web I acidently came across youtube and again -_- I spend most of the time there watching funny stuff. While I did that, browsing though stack competitions, old japanese shows and guiness world record clips I came across this one: Shoking, isn't it? Well I'm really happy that the former boy - now man - still lives and is happy.
Okay boys 'n gals; I'm going to bed now. It's late and I've got a great deal to do tomorrow! Oyasumi and good night to everybody.