19. März 2008

Happy Birthday, Mom!

Oh... This day of the year again. I actually thought about posting earlier but then a friend came over and later that evening my granny and aunt. When my aunt was fed and happy again she asked me what day today is and I kinda was like ... "uh, well, wednesday?" but actually today is my late mothers birthday. I didn't forget about it. I just wasn't comfortable to talk about it. Yes... Today would have been her 47th birthday (née 1961, † 2003). She died 5 years ago... and it still seems like it was yesterday. I remember the day itself but nothing of the 1 1/2 years afterwards. Amazing how your brain can just shut down to prevent further pain.

Looking back I can savely say: This was the hardest time I ever had in my life (...till now).


...



..



.


Well... but today isn't her obit but her birthday.
Happy Birthday, Mom. Whereever you are now and whatever you do. Thanks for everything. I love you.