25. Mai 2010

day 3 - ouch, sunburn

After a fitful night of sleep we drove off to visit my grannys sisters. We were invited to lunch and coffee. The sun was shining pretty hard and after lunch we went outside. My gramps and the husband of my grannys sister went into the barn to check out some new equipment he bought. After that we all started to trudge around the property. The daugther of my grannys sister built a house right next to the one we stayed in and they were also renovating the very old farm house they had their business rooms in. Naturally we had to check everything out - and I was trudging around right after them, after I had all three furballs on my lap and they had their due scratching. I was covered in gray and white hair after that.
They had a really sweet and jung dog who was covered in loooong long hair and two seamese gray-brown cats which I pitied because it was scortching hot and they had a lot of fur.

For coffee all the other sisters arrived and we had a merry round. I really enjoyed the food but again I was not fit for conversation. I guess it's just not my forte if it's not about music, games or books. *sigh* I held on until shortly after 3 pm. Then I gently nudged my grandparents to go home. My gramps still wanted to haul in the hay this afternoon and my granny and me wanted to start on something for Lisa.

So off we went - and I had a nasty sunburn in my face and on my cleavage. Ouch!